CDS exam is organized by UPSC for the recruitment to different posts of Indian Air Force Academy, Officer Training Academy, India Military Academy & Indian Naval Academy. This National Level Entrance exam is conducted twice a year, first in the Month of February and second in the month of November. CDS exam is one of the biggest opportunity for candidates who want to pursue a career in this field. Women/girls can also apply for the CDS exam under the posts of Officer Training Academy (OTA) only.
CDS 2018: Important Dates
|UPCS CDS 2018 Notification Date||8th August 2018|
|Last Date of UPSC CDS Application Form||3rd September 2018|
|UPSC CDS Admit Card Download Date||November 2018|
|UPSC CDS Exam Date||18th November 2018|
|UPSC CDS Result Date||December 2018|
|UPSC CDS Final Merit List||before 1 Month of Joining|
UPSC will organize the CDS 2018 Examination for the respective vacancies on 18th November 2018 to get the admission in the following courses:
|CDS Course||Total Vacancies|
|Indian Military Academy, Dehradun||100|
|Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala||45|
|Indian Air Force Academy, Hyderabad||32|
|Officers Training Academy, Chennai (Men)||225|
|Officers Training Academy, Chennai (Women)||12|
The salary of all CDS posts is as follow:
|Lieutenant Level 10||Rs. 56,100 – 1,77,500|
|Captain Level 10 B||Rs. 6,13,00 – 1,93,900|
|Major Level 11||Rs. 6,94,00 – 2,07,200|
|Lieutenant Colonel Level 12A||Rs. 1,21,200 – 2,12400|
|Colonel Level 13||Rs. 1,30,600-2, 15,90|
|Brigadier Level 13A||Rs. 1,39,600-2,17,600|
|Major General Level 14||Rs. 1,44,200-2,18,200|
|Lieutenant General HAG Scale Level 15||Rs. 1,82,200 – 2,24,100|
|HAG+Scale Level 16||Rs. 2,05,400 – 2,24,400|
|VCOAS/Army Cdr/ Lieutenant General (NFSG) Level 17||Rs. 2,25,000/-(fixed)|
|COAS Level 18||Rs. 2,50,000/-(fixed)|
The candidates are advised to check the eligibility criteria before applying for CDS examination. Candidates should fulfill the exam at the following levels:
1. Nationality:- A candidate should be:
1. The Citizenship of India.
2. The subject of Nepal/Bhutan.
3. Tibetan refugee who had been migrated to India before January 01, 1962 with the intention of Permanent Settle.
4. An individual of Indian Origin migrated from Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Burma, Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Ethiopia, Malawi, Zambia, Zaire & Vietnam for permanent settle purpose in India.
2. Age Limit:- The aspirants can check the age limit of the CDS 2018 Exam (II) for various posts in Combined Defence Services from the table below:
|Indian Military Academy||not earlier than 2nd July 1995 and not later than 1st July 2000|
|Indian Naval Academy||not earlier than 2nd July 1995 and not later than 1st July 2000|
|Indian Air Force Academy||20 to 24 years as on 1st July 2019|
|Officers’ Training Academy||2nd July 1994 and not later than 1st July 2000|
|Officers’ Training Academy—(SSC Women Non-Technical Course)||not earlier than 2nd July 1994 and not later than 1st July,
Gender Requirement for CDS 2018
|Indian Military Academy||Male||Unmarried|
|Indian Naval Academy||Male||Unmarried|
|Indian Air Force Academy||Male||Unmarried|
|Officer Training Academy||Male||Married/Unmarried|
|Officer Training Academy||Female||Unmarried|
What Physical Standards are required for UPSC CDS 2018?
The aspirants who have applied for different posts of CDS 2018 should be mentally and physically fit in order to meet the physical standard guidelines, as mentioned in the official notification.
3. Educational Qualification
Check the educational qualification requirement of the CDS 2018 exam for different job posts from the table below.
|Post||Educational Eligibility Criteria|
|IMA||Graduate from Recognized University|
|INA||Engineering Degree from Recognized University|
|AFA||Engineering Degree (Physics & Math at 10+2) or B. Tech from Recognized University|
|OTA||Graduate from Recognized University|
Syllabus and Exam Pattern
The aspirants who are preparing for UPSC CDS 2018 exam should be aware of the latest CDS exam pattern and Syllabus. Analysis of the pattern and proper understanding of the important topics of the syllabus will help students score better in this exam.
1. CDS 2018 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern of CDS 2018 is divided into two sections:
1. Written Examination
2. Intelligence & Personality Test Interview
The exam pattern of CDS examination is different for Officer Training Academy and Indian Naval Academy/Indian Military Academy/Indian Air Force.
CDS Exam Pattern for NAVY/ ARMY/ AIR FORCE
The exam of Indian Naval Academy/Indian Military Academy/Indian Air Force comprises of 3 papers, which carry a total of 300 marks. The total duration of each exam is 2 hours.
|General Knowledge||100||2 hours|
|Elementary Mathematics||100||2 hours|
CDS Exam Pattern for Officer Training Academy (OTA)
The exam of Officer Training Academy (OTA) consists of 2 subjects with total 200 Marks. The duration of the two exams is 4 hours (2 hours for each exam).
|General Knowledge||100||2 hours|
2. CDS 2 2018 Syllabus
Candidates should be aware of the subjects of CDS 2 2018 syllabus along with important topics. Candidates are required to check the entire syllabus of CDS 2 Exam for its thorough preparation.
Candidates should possess Degree of a recognised University or equivalent for S.No-1, Degree in Engineering from a recognised University/ Institution for S.No-2, Degree of a recognised University (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of Engineering for S.No-3 Posts.
Candidates will be selected based on SSB (Stage I & II). Officer Intelligence Rating (OIR) tests are Picture Perception, Description Test (PP&DT) (Stage I) & Interview, Group Testing Officer Tasks, Psychology Tests and the Conference (Stage II).
CDS Exam Preparation@IBS Institute
IBS is starting target batches for CDS Exam in various branches. The Course will be completed in 3Months followed by a National Level Mock Test Series having 10 Mock Tests as per the Syllabus & Pattern of the Exam. The Salient
Features of the Exam will be as under:
- Class – 2 Hours daily
- 6-Days a week
- Daily Class Assignment having(50+ Questions)
- Daily Home Assignment having(50+ Questions)
- Weekly Practice Tests (Topic wise)
- Doubt Clearing sessions after every Topic
- Practice Books – Containing all questions from previous years.
- 100% Exam Concepts to be covered in Class Assignment/Home Assignment/Books.
- Highly Experienced & Specialized Teachers
- Vedic Mathematics + Shortcut Techniques in Mathematics
- Special lectures by experts from Defence Background
- Course Duration: 3 Months + 1 Month Practice
- Section Tests After Course Completion: 30 Tests
- Weekly Mock Test with Discussion by Experts.
- National level test series 10 Tests.
- National level Ranking among students of more than 70 cities.
- Weekly GK capsule-40 Weekly news review.
- GS & English Quiz on daily Basis on Mobile App.
- Mentoring by the directors for Individual Attention.
- 15 Days Refresher Course before the Final Test.
BEST CDS COACHING IN(IBS)
IBS is known as best CDS Coaching Institute in All over India. For Top Class results in CDS join IBS Now!
CHANDIGARH-15: SCO-72-73, Sec-15D. 0172-4668310, 92160-78319
CHANDIGARH-34-II: SCO-134-136, Sec- 34 A. 0172-4648310,93160-68310
PATIALA: SCF-109, Chhoti Baradari, Patiala, Phone: 93169-68310
AMBALA CANTT: 126 Staff Road, Opposite GPO. Ph.: 92156-78310
AMBALA CITY: Dev College Road, Jagadhari Gate. Ph.: 92157-78310