SSC CPO (SI) 2018 IMPORTANT DATES:
ONLINE applications are invited from eligible candidates for the posts of SSC CPO 2018 complete in all respect should be submitted ONLINE ONLY before 02-04-2018 (up to 5.00 PM)
SSC CPO SI Dates of Computer Based Examinations: Paper-I: 04-06-2018 to 10-06-2018
SSC CPO SI Paper-II: 01-12-2018
Commission will hold an open competitive Computer Based Examination for Recruitment of Sub-Inspectors in Delhi Police, Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs) and Assistant Sub Inspectors in CISF, the details of which are as under :-
Sub-Inspector (GD) in CAPFs: (Central Armed Police Forces)
The post carries pay scale of Level-6 (Rs.35400-112400/-) and is classified as Group ‘B’ (Non-Gazetted), Non-Ministerial.
Sub Inspector (Executive)- (Male/ Female) in Delhi Police:
The post carries pay scale of Level-6 (Rs.35400-112400/-) and is classified as Group ‘C’ (Non-Gazetted) by Delhi Police.
Assistant Sub-Inspector (Executive) in CISF:
The post carries pay scale of Level-5 (Rs.29200-92300) and is classified as Group ‘C’ (Non-Gazetted).
Age (as on 01.08.2018): 20 – 25 Years
SSC CPO(SI) EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
Educational Qualification for all posts is Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university or equivalent.
Note-I: For the post of Sub Inspector in Delhi Police only: Male candidates must possess a valid Driving License for LMV (Motorcycle and Car) on the date fixed for Physical Endurance and Measurement Tests. However, the candidates who do not have a Valid Driving License for LMV (Motorcycle and Car) are eligible for all other posts in CAPFs.
NOTE-II: As per Ministry of Human Resource Development Notification dated 10.6.2015 published in Gazette of India all the degree/ diploma/ certificates including technical education degree/ diploma awarded through Open and Distance Learning mode of education by the Universities established by an Act of Parliament or State Legislature, Institutions Deemed to be Universities under Section 3 of the University Grant Commission Act 1956 and Institutions of National Importance declared under an Act of Parliament stand automatically recognized for the purpose of employment to posts and services under the Central Government provided they have been approved by the Distance Education Bureau, University Grant Commission.
Note-III: Candidates who have not acquired the educational qualification as on 01-08-2018 will not be eligible and need not apply.
Note-IV: All candidates who are declared qualified by the Commission will be required to produce all relevant Certificates such as Mark sheets for all the three years of Graduation/ Provisional Certificate/ Certificate of Graduation as proof of having acquired the minimum educational qualification on or before 01-08-2018 failing which the candidature of such candidate will be cancelled by the Commission. The candidates who are able to prove by documentary evidence that the result of the educational qualifying examination was declared on or before the cut-off date and he/she has been declared passed will also be considered to have the required educational qualification.
SSC CPO EXAMINATION FEE:
Rs.100/- (Rupees One Hundred only). Fee can be paid through SBI Challan/ SBI Net Banking or by using Visa/ MasterCard/ Maestro Credit/ Debit cards.
SSC CPO RECRUITMENT PROCESS:
The examination will consist of Paper-I, Physical Standard Test (PST)/ Physical Endurance Test (PET), Paper-II and Detailed Medical Examination (DME). All these stages of the examination are mandatory. Details of these Papers/ Tests are as follows:
Questions in both papers will be of Objective Multiple Choice Type. Questions will be set in Hindi and English in Parts-I, II and III of Paper-I. There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer in Paper-I & Paper-II. Candidates are, therefore, advised to keep this in mind while answering the questions. The Commission at its discretion may fix qualifying marks in Paper-I, Paper-II and any part(s) of Paper-I.
Note-I: The Commission reserves the right to alter/ modify the scheme of examination.
Note:-II: Candidates are not permitted to use Mobile Phone, Calculator, Bluetooth device, or any other electronic/ electrical device for answering any paper (Test Booklets). Candidates must not, therefore, bring Mobile Phone, Calculator or any other electronic/ electrical device inside the Examination premises. Possession of these items, whether in use or not, will be considered as “use of unfair means” in the Examination and candidature of such candidates will be cancelled forthwith. Such candidates are also liable for debarment up to a period of 3 (three) years.
Indicative syllabus for Computer Based Mode SSC CPO Examinations:
- General Intelligence & Reasoning: It would include questions of both verbal and non-verbal type. This component may include questions on analogies, similarities and differences, space visualization, spatial orientation, problem solving, analysis, judgment, decision making, visual memory, discrimination, observation, relationship concepts, arithmetical reasoning and figural classification, arithmetic number series, non-verbal series, coding and decoding, statement conclusion, syllogistic reasoning etc. The topics are, Semantic Analogy, Symbolic/ Number Analogy, Figural Analogy, Semantic Classification, Symbolic/ Number Classification, Figural Classification, Semantic Series, Number Series, Figural Series, Problem Solving, Word Building, Coding & de-coding, Numerical Operations, symbolic Operations, Trends, Space Orientation, Space Visualization, Venn Diagrams, Drawing inferences, Punched hole/ pattern-folding & un-folding, Figural Pattern- folding and completion, Indexing Address matching, Date & city matching Classification of centre codes/ roll numbers, Small & Capital letters/ numbers coding, decoding and classification, Embedded Figures, Critical thinking, Emotional Intelligence, Social Intelligence, Other sub-topics if any.
- General Knowledge and General Awareness: Questions in this component will be aimed at testing the candidates’ general awareness of the environment around him and its application to society. Questions will also be designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matters of every day observations and experience in their scientific aspect as may be expected of any educated person. The test will also include questions relating to India and its neighboring countries especially pertaining to History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General Polity, Indian Constitution, scientific Research etc.
III. Quantitative Aptitude: The questions will be designed to test the ability of appropriate use of numbers and number sense of the candidate. The scope of the test will be computation of whole numbers, decimals, fractions and relationships between numbers, Percentage, Ratio and Proportion, Square roots, Averages, Interest, Profit & Loss, Discount, Partnership Business, Mixture and Allegation, Time and distance, Time & work, Basic algebraic identities of School Algebra and Elementary surds, Graphs of Linear Equations, Triangle and its various kinds of centres, Congruence and similarity of triangles, Circle and its chords, tangents, angles subtended by chords of a circle, common tangents to two or more circles, Triangle, Quadrilaterals, Regular Polygons, Circle, Right Prism, Right Circular Cone, Right Circular Cylinder, Sphere, Hemispheres, Rectangular Parallelepiped, Regular Right Pyramid with triangular or square base, Trigonometric ratio, Degree and Radian Measures, Standard Identities, Complementary angles, Heights and Distances, Histogram, Frequency polygon, Bar diagram & Pie chart.
- English Comprehension: Candidates’ ability to understand correct English, his basic comprehension and writing ability, etc. would be tested.
English Language & Comprehension: Questions in this components will be designed to test the candidate’s understanding and knowledge of English Language and will be based on error recognition, filling in the blanks (using verbs, preposition, articles etc), Vocabulary, Spellings, Grammar, Sentence Structure, Synonyms, Antonyms, Sentence Completion, Phrases and Idiomatic use of Words, comprehension etc.
Note-I: The Commission shall have the discretion to fix different minimum qualifying standards in each part of Paper-I taking into consideration among others, category-wise vacancies and category-wise number of candidates. Only those candidates, who have scored above the cut off marks fixed by the Commission in Paper-I would be required to appear in the Physical Endurance Test (PET) and Physical Standard Test (PST).
Note-II: Only those candidates who qualified in PET/ PST will be called for Paper-II and the Medical Examination would be conducted subsequently.
Note-III: The Candidates are advised to desist from use of any unfair method in the examination hall which will render them ineligible for further consideration for the examination and also lead to their debarment from Commission’s examinations in future beside inviting criminal prosecution.
SSC CPO SI Physical Standard Test (PST) and Physical Endurance Test (PET):
Physical Standard Test (for all Posts):
Physical Endurance Test (PET) (For all posts)
(i) For male candidates only:
- a) 100 meters race in 16 seconds
- b) 1.6 Kms race in 6.5 minutes
- c) Long Jump : 3.65 metres in 3 chances
- d) High Jump : 1.2 metres in 3 chances
- e) Shot put (16 Lbs): 4.5 metres in 3 chance
(ii) For female candidates only:
- a) 100 metres race in 18 seconds
- b) 800 metres race in 4 minutes
- c) Long Jump: 2.7 metres in 3 chances.
- d) High Jump: 0.9 metres in 3 chances.
- There shall be no minimum requirement of chest measurement for Female candidates.
- Relaxation in height and chest (as the case may be) as mentioned above will be permissible only on production of certificate in the Performa as prescribed in Annexure-VIII from the competent authorities of the District where they ordinarily reside(s).
- “The relaxation in physical standards (height/ chest) once granted at the time of initial appointment in Delhi Police will hold good till the individual concerned remains in Delhi Police.”
- Those candidates who are declared not qualified in Physical Standards, i.e. height and chest, may prefer an appeal, if they so desire, to the appellate authority present on the PET/ PST ground. The decision of the appellate authority will be final and no further appeal or representation in this regard will be entertained.
Weight: Corresponding to height for all posts.
Medical standard (For all posts)
Eye sight: The minimum near vision should be N6 (better eye) and N9 (worse eye). The minimum distant vision should be 6/6 (better eye) and 6/9 (worse eye). In right handed person, the right eye is better eye and vice versa. The standards should be without visual correction of any kind even by glasses.
1) The candidate must not have knock knee, flat foot, varicose vein or squint in eyes. They must be in good mental and bodily health and free from any physical defect likely to interfere with the efficient performance of the duties.
Note-I: Physical endurance test will not carry any marks but will be of qualifying/ elimination nature.
Note-II: Ex-Servicemen applying for the posts are not required to undergo PET. However, all Ex-Servicemen are required to pass the written test and fulfill the physical standards prescribed for direct recruits for recruitment of Sub Inspector/ Assistant Sub-Inspector, as the case may be. They should also pass the medical standards prescribed for direct recruits.
Note-III: The candidature of female candidates who are pregnant at the time of Physical Endurance Test will be rejected as they cannot undergo PET. No appeal/ representation will be entertained against such rejection.
Note-IV: Medical Examination All the candidates who qualify in Paper-II will be medically examined by the Medical Officer of the CAPFs or any other Medical Officer or Assistant Surgeon belonging to Grade I of any Central/ State Govt. Hospital or Dispensary. Candidates, who are found to be unfit, will be informed of the position and they can make an appeal before Review Medical Board within the prescribed time limit of 15 days. Decision of Re-Medical Board/ Review Medical Board will be final and no appeal/ representation against the decision of the Re-Medical Board/ Review Medical Board will be entertained.
The Targeted Batches for SSC CPO are Starting in IBS branches. Contact the nearest IBS Branch for Regular classroom Preparation.
Wish you all good luck.
UT – CHANDIGARH
CHANDIGARH-8: SCO. 108-109, Top Floor, Sector- 8 C. Phone: 0172-4668810, 92162-78310
CHANDIGARH-34-I: SCO. 13-15, 1st Floor, Sector- 34 A. Phone: 0172-4181045, 93164-88310
CHANDIGARH-34-II: SCO. 134-136, Top Floor, Sector- 34 A. Phone: 0172-4648310, 93160-68310
CHANDIGARH-15: SCO. 72-73, Top Floor, Sector-15 D. Phone: 0172-4668310, 92160-78310
MOHALI: SCO 29, Phase 7, Mohali. Phone: 0172-5032710, 92165-78310
PANCHKULA: SCO. 34, Sector-11, Panchkula. Phone: 92169-68310, 0172-4604633
NEW-DELHI: 45-46, Near Nirman Vihar Metro Station, Laxmi Nagar, Phone: 011-42147329, 92666-78310
ROHINI: C-9/25, 2nd Floor, Sector-7, Opp. Metro Piller No 400, Phone: 011-27058535, 99990-59511.
BAWANA: Near SBI Bank, Above Punjab and Sindh Bank, First floor, Narela Road. Phone: 96509-38533.
FARIDABAD: SCO 96, Above National Insurance, Sector-16, Hudda Market. Phone: 9899834310.
PATIALA-I: SCF. 109, Chhoti Baradari. Phone: 93169-68310
BATHINDA: GhodeWala chowk, Main Ajit Road, Opp-Street No. 16. Phone: 92169-78310
JALANDHAR: Bedi Paradise, 1st Floor, Opposite Hotel Residency, Near Bus Stand, Jawahar Nagar. Phone: 92167-78310
LUDHIANA: Lower Ground Floor, SEAR Tower, Opp. BSNL Exchange, Bharat Nagar Chowk. Phone: 92167-68310
FATEHGARH SAHIB: Bassi Sirhind Road, Opposite District Complex. Phone: 92162-58310, 92165-55578
BARNALA: Master Mind Complex, New Bus Stand Road. Phone: 92168-68310
KHANNA: SCF 11, 1st Floor, GTB Market. Mobile: 92167-77788
BATALA: SCO 170, 2nd Floor, Phuwara Chowk, Jalandhar Road, Batala. Phone: 9356868310
AMBALA CANTT: 126 Staff Road, Opposite GPO. Phone: 0171-2642310, 92156-78310.
AMBALA CITY: DAV College Road, Jagadhari Gate. Phone: 92157-78310.
YAMUNANAGAR: Opp. Samsung Customer Care, Beside Madhu Hotel. Phone: 92156-46079.
KARNAL: MM Building, Opposite Bus Stand. Phone: 92153-78310.
KURUKSHETRA: SCO: 42, Top Floor, Above Allahabad Bank, Sector-13. Phone: 92154-78310.
SHIMLA: Sushant Bhawan, Near Co-operative Bank, Chhota Shimla. Phone: 94187-78310.
PALAMPUR: Gurudwara Road, Ward No. 7, (Govt. College Road). Phone: 98166-24100.
KODERMA: 2nd Floor, Ujala Tower, Ranchi Patna Road, Jhumari Telaiya. Phone: 9162162909, 9939725099.
DHANBAD: Laxmi Complex, 2nd Floor, Opp. Induslnd Bank Bankmore. Phone: 9431154940
GIRDIH: 2nd Floor, Shakil Complex, Station Road, Giridih, Jharkhand. 97090-87542, 74809-31106
PATNA: Road Number-2, Rajendra Nagar. Phone: 0612-2662212, 7070092379.
ARRAH: Block Road, Old NCC Office, Opp. Dr. Kanhaiya Singh. Phone: 78707-14533
GAYA: Lalit Niwas, Ghughari Tand, Near Bypass. Phone: 854433833
SAHARANPUR: Madhav Nagar Chowk, Above Telephone Exchange, Near Company Gardan. Phone: 91520-23862
AGRA: G.D.V.M 11/48/3, Hathras Road Rambagh. Phone: 80062-22207.
FIROZABAD: STG Compound, Behind Gurudwara, Station Road. Phone: 70600-06900
SUMERPUR: 1st Floor, Pan Kutir, Near Deputy Office, Sumerpur (Pali). Phone: 9887554666, 9587552666.
SRIGANGANAGAR: 38 H Block Godara College Road, Near Nehru Park. Phone: 95211-68310
DEHRADUN: 2nd Floor, CSM Wested, Chakrata Road, Near IMA Blood Bank, Ballupur. Phone: 88812-00300.
KASHIPUR: Near Hotel Kumaon Plaza, Uttrakhand. Phone: 95689-66660
KOTDWARA: Opp. Kedar Palace, Near Motor Nagar, Devi Road, Kotdwara – Uttrakhand. Phone: 98374-54591, 90457-19131
GUWAHATI: Zoo Road, Tiniali, Near Bandhan Bank, Byelane 1, House No. 3. Phone: 84040-71908
NAGPUR: 1st Floor, Paradise Plaza, Above Bank of India, Kadhi Chowk, Kamptee Road, Nagpur. Phone: 96653-76786
PUNE: B-Wing Office No. 57 First Floor K.K Market, Near Shankar Maharaj Math, Satara Road, Pune Phone: 9028950200
VITA: Above State Bank of India, mayani Road, Vita, Maharashtra Phone: 95451-72831, 95183-03968.
BANGALURU (JP-NAGAR): 1365, 1st Floor, JP Nagar, 1st Phase, Kankapura, Main Road, Bangluru (JP-Nagar). Phone: 7022368310
RAJKOT: 1st Floor, Shubh Complex, Near Nagrik Bank, Hanuman Madhi Chowk, Raya Road, Rajkot, Gujrat Phone: 0281-2451233
PALAKKAD: Koppam Road, Tharekkad Palakkad, Kerala-678001, 0491-2538818