SBI PO 2018: Notification, Exam Date, Apply Online, Syllabus
Probationary Officer in SBI (SBI PO): The online examination (Preliminary and Main) for the selection of personnel for Probationary Officers in SBI is scheduled to be held during the period of July to August the details of which is mentioned below.
SBI PO 2018 Vacancies : 2000+ Vacancies
|1||On-line registration including Edit/Modification of Application by candidates & Payment of Application Fees||21-04-2018 to 13-05-2018|
|2.||Download of call letters for Online examination – Preliminary||18-06-2018 onwards|
|3.||Online Examination – Preliminary||1st , 7th and 8th of July 2018|
|4.||Result of Online exam – Preliminary||15- 07- 2018|
|5.||Online Examination – Main||04 -08- 2018|
|6.||Declaration of Result – Main||20 -08- 2018|
|7.||Download Call Letter for Interview||01 -09- 2018|
|8.||Conduct of interview||24 -09- 2018 to 12 – 10- 2018|
|9.||Declaration of Final Result||1 – 11- 2018|
Eligibility Criteria of SBI PO 2018:
Age: 21 to 30 Years as on 01/04/2018 (Relaxation: OBC: 3yrs, SC/ST: 5 yrs, PH: 10yrs, Ex. Serv.: 5 Yrs)
Qualification: Should hold a degree of Graduation on or before 31–08-2018.
HOW TO APPLY: Candidates can apply online only from 21-04-2018 to 13-05-2018 and no other mode of application will be accepted.
Fee: Rs 600 (For SC/ST/PWD: Rs 100 only). Mode of fee payment will be only online payment.
The number of attempts in SBI PO Exam are Limited:
|Category||Number of Chances|
|SC/SC(PWD)/ST/ST (PWD)||No Restriction|
Candidates who have already appeared for the maximum number of chances permissible are not eligible to to apply.
Recruitment Process of SBI PO 2018 Exam:
The recruitment is done through three stages. Preliminary & mains Test followed by the Interview.
Preliminary Examination: 60 min. total Time (20 min. allotted to each section)
|English Language||30||30||20 min.|
|Numerical Ability||35||35||20 min.|
|Reasoning ability||35||35||20 min.|
|Total||100||100||60 min. (1hour)|
The preliminary Test is only qualifying in nature. There is a negative marking of 1/4th for wrong answers. It will be bilingual in nature. Selection will be made on merit list drawn on the basis of the aggregate marks scored in the Preliminary Examination.
Cut off SBI PO 2017 Prelim Exam:
|Total Cut off||100||51.50||48.25||43.25||31.25||38.75||42.50||18.50|
Mains Exam: Main Examination will consist of Objective Tests for 200 marks and Descriptive Test for 50 marks. Both the Objective and Descriptive Tests will be online. Candidates will have to answer Descriptive test by typing on the computer. Immediately after completion of Objective Test, Descriptive Test will be administered.
(I) Objective Test: The objective test of 3 hours duration consist of 4 Sections for total 200 marks. The objective test will have separate timing for every section. The candidates are required to by securing passing marks, to be decided by the Bank.
|SL||Name of Test||No. of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|1||Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||45||60||60 minutes|
|2||Data Analysis & Interpretation||35||60||45 minutes|
|3||General/Economy/Banking Awarness||40||40||35 minutes|
|4||English Language||35||40||40 minutes|
There will be 1/4th negative marking for wrong answers.
Cut-Off for SBI PO Mains 2017 & Final Cut-Off
There was no specific sctional- wise Cutoff for SBi PO mains 2017.
(II) Descriptive Test: The Descriptive Test of 30 minutes duration with 50 marks will be a Test of English Language (Letter Writing & Essay). The candidates are required to qualify in the Descriptive Test by securing passing marks, to be decided by the Bank.
Note: Descriptive Test paper of only those candidates will be evaluated who have scored qualifying marks in the Objective Tests and are placed adequately high as per total marks in objective test.
Cut off for descriptive Test in SBI PO 2017 Exam:
|Out of 50||20||17.5||17.5||17.5||17.5||17.5||17.5|
|Out of 250
Personality Test = 50 Group Exercises (20 marks) & Interview (30 marks): The aggregate marks of candidates qualifying in both the Objective Tests and Descriptive Test will be arranged in descending order in each category. Adequate number of candidates in each category, as decided by the Bank will be called for Group Exercises and Interview. The qualifying marks in Group Exercises & Interview will be as decided by the Bank.
Cut off in Personality Test for SBI PO 2017 Exam:
|Out of 50||20||18||18||18||18||18||18|
The marks obtained in the Preliminary Examination (Phase-I) will not be added for the selection.
The marks obtained in Mains Examination (both in Objective Test and Descriptive Test), will be added to the marks obtained in GE& Interview for preparation of the final merit list. The candidates will have to qualify in Mains Exam (both in Objective Test and Descriptive Test) as well as Group Exercises & Interview separately.
Weightage for the Written Test (out of 250 marks: 200 Objective + 50 Descriptive) are converted to out of 75 and marks secured in Group Exercises & Interview (out of 50 marks) are converted to out of 25.
The final merit list is arrived at after aggregating converted marks of Written Test and Group Exercises &Interview out of 100 for each category.
Final Cut off of SBI PO 2017 Exam out of 100 [75 (written exam + 25 Personality Test]:
|Out of 100Total marks secured by last ranked selected candidate||46.59
HOW TO APPROACH THE SBI PO 2018 EXAM
For prelim Exam focus on getting 10+ marks in each section (As Nothing about Sectional cutoff is given in advertisement) and 50+ marks overall. For specific areas we need to plan as following:
- Quantitative Aptitude: For Quant focus on Series / Approximation / Calculation/ Quadratic Equations / Data sufficiency and data interpretation. These will cover 25 qns out of 35 in quant. 10 qns will be from entire Arithmetic. Also since in Mains exam there will be 35 qns only from Data Interpretation each carrying around 1.7 marks. So no need to put extra effort on entire arithmetic. Do the focused study only.
- Logical Reasoning: For prelim focus on Syllogism, inequalities, Sitting arrangement, input output and Puzzles. In mains we shall have 10 to 15 questions from computer (high level) and 30 to 35 qns from reasoning especially Puzzles, sitting arrangement, input output etc. So prepare for the prelim only till April and then there will be sufficient time to prepare for the computer section after the prelims.
- General Economy & Banking Awareness: Keep in touch with daily current affairs specifically the financial updates. After the prelim exam prepare for last 4 to 5 months current affairs and banking awareness. 40 qns 40 marks this section is considered to be the differential section. A student can score 30 to 35 marks in the stipulated time with the organized study plan.
- English Language: looking at the recent trends this section has seen a steep rise in the difficulty level of the exam. In prelim we expect to have 10 qns from Comprehension, 10 cloze test, 5 para jumbles and 10 grammatical errors or sentence improvement. So keep solving more and more comprehensions and read the Hindu Editorials to improve the command over English language. In mains also the difficulty level is very high and we need to prepare accordingly. In 35 qns of mains exam we expect 2 comprehensions of 20 marks. 5 para jumbles, 5 cloze test and 5 errors. So again here the focus is on comprehension. But practise as much as possible and do more and more reading for better performance in this section.
- Descriptive Test: Keep yourself updated with the latest pattern of essay and letter writing. Also as we have to type the essay and letter get yourself used to normal settings of the document. Need not to go for typing course. Its test basic understanding and writing skills not of typing skills. But still need to have an average typing speed to attempt this section in 30 minutes. Sometime we take this section casually but its very essential section and the scoring difference is quite high.
- Personality Test: The GD & Interview will take place after 10th July so after mains exam there will be sufficient time to prepare for the GD & Personal Interview.
SBI PO 2018 Exam Preparation@IBS Institute
- SBI PO 2019 Class – 3 to 4 Hours daily
- 6-Days a week
- 3-Lectures a day
- Daily Class Assignment having(50+ Questions)
- Daily Home Assignment having(50+ Questions)
- Weekly Practice Tests (Topic wise)
- Doubt Clearing sessions After every Topic
- Books for Practice – Containing all questions from previous years.
- 100% Exam Concepts to be covered in Class Assignment/Home Assignment/Books
- Highly Experienced & Specialized Teachers
- Vedic Mathematics + Shortcut Techniques
- Special lectures by experts Bankers
- Course Duration = Prelim : 60 Days till 16th
Refresher: 10 days (17th to 30th July)
Mains : 25 days (15th July to 2nd August)
- Section Tests: 40 Tests
- Weekly Mock Test with Discussion by Experts.
- National level test series: in 54 Branches Across India.
- National level Ranking among 15,000 students.
- Weekly GK capsule-40 Weekly news review.
- Online Tests:
- Monthly magazine –(IBS-Quest-Best magazine covers all Current Affairs & National /International /Sports/Economy /Books’ Authors)
- Results in 2016-2017, 2017-2018
- SBI PO : 132+ Final selections
- SBI Clerk: 870+ final selections
- IBPS PO:Total 1260+ selections.
- IBPS Clerk: 1800 + selections
- IBPS SO: 273+ selections
- RBI Assistant: Total 31+ selections
- RRB Assistant & Officer & cooperative banks: 2300+ Selections
- 22. IBS APP: Android / ios
- Daily Current Affairs
- Daily GA Quiz: MCQ
- Daily Vocab Words
- Daily Quiz: Quant / Reasoning / English / Computer
- Weekly section Tests
- e-Magazine on App
- Exam Notifications: Vacancies / Results
- Exam Analysis & Expert Guidance.
- Articles on Special Concepts
- Over 600 Online Tests available on the App.