- Under which article of the Constitution, the President of India can accept resignation of Council of Ministers: Article 75.
Explanation: As per clause (2) of Article 75 of the Constitution, President Ram Nath Kovind has recently accepted the resignation of M J Akbar from the Union council of ministers on the advice of Prime Minister Narendra Modi. He resgined from the post of Minister of State for External Affairs due to allegations of sexual harassment levelled against him by several women journalists.
- Which has become the first and only government corporation in India to launch a chat-enabled help-desk service program ‘Ask Disha’ : IRCTC.
Explanation: The Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) has launched an Artificial Intelligence (AI) powered chatbot– Ask Disha (Digital Interaction to Seek Help Anytime) to answer customer queries pertaining to various services offered by IRCTC. It is a first-of-its-kind initiative, which is jointly developed and initiated by IRCTC and CoRover Pvt. Ltd.
- Which Indian social entrepreneur has been conferred with the IOC Sports and Active Society Development Grant award for 2018: Suheil Tondon.
Explanation: Social Entrepreneur Suheil Tandon has been conferred with the IOC Sports and Active Society Development Grant award for 2018 for his contribution to sports for development. The International Olympic Committee (IOC) award ceremony was held during the Olympism in Action forum at Buenos Aires.
- BSNL has recently signed pact with which technological giant to leverage Industry 4.0 for manufacturing excellence: Nokia.
Explanation: The Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd (BSNL) has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Nokia Solutions and Networks India Pvt Ltd to leverage Industry 4.0 for manufacturing excellence at Nokia’s Chennai factory. The project also marks India’s first ‘real-world’ application of Industry 4.0 at the Nokia Conscious Factory in Chennai.
- The 5th edition of the Women of India Organic Festival will be held in which city: New Delhi.
Explanation: The 5th edition of the Women of India Organic Festival will be held from October 26 to November 4 at the Indira Gandhi National Centre for the Arts New Delhi. It is being organised by the Women and Child Development (WCD) Ministry to promote women organic farmers and entrepreneurs.
- Which cricket statistican has authored the book “Indian Sports: Conversations and Reflections” : Vijayan Bala.
Explanation: The book titled “Indian Sports: Conversations and Reflections” has been authored by Vijayan Bala, the veteran commentator and cricket statistican. The book is a compilation of interviews of eminent sports-persons he has conducted since 1971.
- Who is leading the Indian delegation at the 8th European Congress on SMEs: Alka Arora.
Explanation: 8th edition of the European Congress on SMEs (Small and Medium Enterprises) has started at Kotawice, Poland with theme “Business-Self-Government Together for Economy”. The SMEs from around 50 countries are participating in the 3-day event. From India, Ms. Alka Arora (Joint Secretary in Ministry of MSME) is leading the delegation of 32 Indian SMEs.