- The biography of late Anumolu Ramakrishna titled ‘Building a Legacy’ is authored by whom: V Pattabhi Ram.
Explanation: The biography of late Anumolu Ramakrishna titled ‘Building a Legacy’ is authored by city-based Chartered Accountant V Pattabhi Ram. It was recently released by Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu. Ramakrishna, former President and MD at Larsen and Toubro (L&T), was posthumously awarded Padma Bhushan in 2014.
- Which IIT has signed pact with Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) in research and education: IIT Kharagpur.
Explanation: The IIT Kharagpur and Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) have signed an MoU to facilitate cooperation in research and education between the two institutes in New Delhi on October 11. NTNU is an expert in Hydro Power, Ocean Modelling, Deep Sea Resources and Marine Technology which will be key areas of focus under this MoU.
- Which Indian state has won the FAO’s Future Policy Gold Award for 100% organic farming: Sikkim.
Explanation: Sikkim has won the Gold at the 2018 FAO’s Future Policy Award (FPA) for its achievement in becoming the world’s first totally organic agriculture state. All of its farmland is certified organic. At the same time, Sikkim’s approach reaches beyond organic production and has proven truly transformational for the state and its citizens. Uniquely, the state has totally banned the sale and use of chemical pesticides.
- The World Bank has ranked India at which position in it’s first-ever Human Capital Index (HCI): 115th.
Explanation: The World Bank (WB) has recently released its first-ever Human Capital Index (HCI), which ranked 157 economies on parameters like child mortality, health and education. India is ranked at 115th position in the index with its score of 0.44 on a scale of 0 to 1 coming even below the average score for South Asia.
- The National Stock Exchange (NSE) has recently signed pact with which state government to fuel MSMEs growth in state: Uttrakhand.
Explanation: The National Stock Exchange (NSE) has recently signed pact with the Uttarakhand government to provide access to capital to MSMEs, which will fuel growth of such entities in the state. The bourse will play an active role in nurturing the SMEs and start-ups by increasing awareness along with the government on the opportunities to raise capital.
- Which country’s team has won the 2018 Sultan Johar Cup Junior Hockey: Britain.
Explanation: Great Britain lifted the 8th edition of Sultan Johar Cup Junior Hockey tournament in Johor Bahru, Malaysia on October 13, 2018. In the final, Great Britain defeated India 3-2. The other teams in the tournament were Japan, Australia, Malaysia and New Zealand.
- What is the India’s rank at the 2018 Global Hunger Index (GHI): 103rd.
Explanation: India has been ranked 103rd among 119 countries in the 2018 Global Hunger Index (GHI). The 2018 GHI report was prepared jointly by global NGOs namely – Concern Worldwide (Ireland) and Welthungerhilfe (Germany). The index indicates that the level of hunger and undernutrition worldwide falls into the serious category, at a value of 20.9, down from 29.2 in 2000.