- ISRO has recently signed pact with which state University to set up the Satish Dhawan Center for Space Science: Jammu.
Explanation: In Jammu, the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has recently signed pact with the Central University of Jammu (CUJ) to set up the ‘Satish Dhawan Center for Space Science’ to expand its presence to the northernmost state of India. The space centre at CUJ is proposed to be spread on an area of about 1,150 square metres.
- The Inland Waterways Authority of India (IWAI) has launched a Roll on-Roll off (Ro-Ro) service in Assam from Neamati to : Majuli.
Explanation: Inland Waterways Authority of India (IWAI) launched a Roll on-Roll off (Ro-Ro) service in Assam from Neamati to Majuli island. This service will reduce the road route distance of 423 km that trucks take from Neamati to Majuli Island via Tezpur Road Bridge to only 12.7 km with the use of river route.
- Annapurna Devi, who passed away recently, was the renowned Hindustani musician of which gharana: Maihar Gharana.
Explanation: Annapurna Devi (91), the renowned Hindustani musician, passed away in Mumbai on October 13, 2018. Born in Maihar (Madhya Pradesh) in 1927, she was the daughter and disciple of Allauddin Khan (who was the founder of Maihar gharana). She was given the name ‘Annapurna’ by former Maharaja Brijnath Singh of the former Maihar Estate (M.P.), and it was by this name that she was popularly known.
- India has recently elected to the United Nations Human Rights Council (UNHRC). The headquarters of UNHRC is located at: Geneva.
Explanation: India has been elected to the United Nations Human Rights Council (UNHRC) with the highest number of votes among all 18 countries in the five regional categories. It secured 188 votes in the Asia-Pacific category for a period of three years beginning January 1, 2019. It is followed by Fiji with 187 votes, Bangladesh 178, Bahrain and Philippines 165 each.
- The Coffee Day Malnad Ultra Marathon 2018 has started in which state: Karnataka.
Explanation: Coffee Day Malnad Ultra Marathon 2018 has flagged off successfully from Lalbaug Estate in Chikmagalur, Karnataka. He event is split into three categories – 50km, 80km and 110km. Here, 811 runners from 13 countries and 22 states from across India gathered at the start line for the flag off of the ultra marathon.
- NITI Aayog has signed pact with which technological giant for AI tools in agriculture & healthcare: Microsoft.
Explanation: NITI Aayog has signed pact with Microsoft India to deploy Artificial Intelligence (AI) technologies to address challenges various sectors such as agriculture and healthcare. As per the pact, Microsoft will support NITI Aayog by combining the cloud, AI, research and its vertical expertise for new initiatives and solutions across several core area.
- India’s first-ever India-Israel Innovation Centre (IIIC) has launched in which city: Bengaluru.
Explanation: India’s first-ever India-Israel Innovation Centre (IIIC), an entrepreneurial technology hub, was launched at the 3rd edition of IoT India Congress in Bengaluru, Karnataka. The IIIC is a significant step towards facilitating penetration of Israeli companies in India and aims to forge local partnerships and joint ventures between companies from the two countries.