Preparation strategy for IDBI Bank Executive Exam 2018
Dear students, IDBI Bank Executive 2018 exam notification were released a few days ago and the online registration for this exam has been closed. The exam is scheduled to be held on 28th April, 2018 (around 40-45 days are left) so, this is the peak time to start preparing for this exam because this exam is somehow easy to crack as compared to other banking exams because the maximum age limit for this exam for unreserved category is 25 years and also there is only 1 phase in the examination and there is no General awareness section in this exam. So, students it’s an opportunity to you all, to get a government job. Here, we are sharing some expert-driven strategy and tips you should know to boost your preparation level.
Firstly, we must be clear about the exam pattern and syllabus. There will be single online objective test and based upon the merit in this exam, the selection will be done.
|S. No||Name of subject||No. of questions||Maximum marks||Duration|
So, you need to focus to score high in this exam. It is expected to be of moderate level. In these types of exams, you need to maintain speed as well as accuracy. Let us have a look on the section-wise strategy:-
We have also mentioned the expected topics to be covered and the numbers of questions in these topics:-
|S.No||Topic name||Level||Excepted number
|3||Seating arrangement and puzzles||Moderate||15-20|
(Order & Ranking ,Decision making, Statement and conclusions, etc)
|Sr.No||Topic name||Level||Excepted number of questions|
|1||Reading comprehension||Moderate||10 -15|
|2||Fillers (Single and Double)||Moderate||5 – 10|
|5||Sentence improvement||Moderate||5 -10|
(Synonyms-Antonyms, phrasal verbs, misspell words)
|S.No||Topic name||Level||Ex Expected number of questions|
(Tabular, Line chart, pie chart, case let, Bar graph)
|5||Miscellaneous (S.I and C.I, speed and time, profit and loss, average, ages, partnerships, ratio & proportion, percentage, pipes and cisterns)||Moderate||15|
It is easy to attempt maximum number of questions in Reasoning sections, if you have done enough practice of topics.
- If you are a beginner, then just start with the syllogism, Inequality, Input-output section, alphanumeric series, blood relations, coding-decoding as these topics are easy to cover and you will need less time to master these topics. These questions in exams need less span of time and they also cover a significant weightage in exam.
- For seating arrangement & puzzle topic, start solving linear, circular, tabular, floor, scheduling based puzzles to perform better in the exam.
- You should start practicing with online mock test series which will help you to improve significantly. Try to give a time span of 30 minutes for this section and attempt 35-40 question’s accurately. So, choose these questions carefully so that number of questions can be attempted more and in less time.
English section :- Strategy
Comprehension this section completely depends on your reading skills and command on vocabulary. Start reading newspaper daily to enhance your vocabulary and understanding of this section.
To become master in this topic you should work on:-
- Direct information based question
- Inference based questions
- For error correction/sentence improvement questions, learn the grammar rules and try to attempt previous year papers, so you can understand what kind of question are framed.
- For cloze text lots of practice is required. Follow three factors, which will help you to solve the questions:-
- Connecting the sentence.
- Identifying the tone for sentence and paragraph.
- Eliminating two options.
- For Para jumble: – Try to find out the first sentence as it is always easy to find. It introduces something like place, organization, or concept of what paragraph is about. You can also find the last sentence because, it usually contains “at the end, however, thus, therefore, to”, connectors. You can use the elimination strategy to find the either sentences, which can be connected to the first sentence.
- While finding errors, you should know rules of grammar and tenses. Try to give a span of 20-25 minutes and attempt around 35 questions. Regularly practice the test and analyze your preparation.
Quantitative Aptitude section :- Strategy
To attempt this section more accurately and confidently there are some things which should be on your finger tips before you sit in the exam:-
- First of all, make your calculation skills faster to score better.
- Learn formula, shortcut tricks and fraction – percentage conversation.
- Learn squares, multiplication table at least up to 30 which will improve your efficiency in simplification/approximation questions.
- Try to learn shortcut methods to solve arithmetic questions to finish off this section with 100% accuracy.
At last, focus on improving yourself daily by attempting online mock test series. Last year, IDBI had around 1000 vacancies and the cut off was around 101.25 for General category, as this year vacancies are 760 you can expect higher cut off.
Hope this will help you,
All the best!