JAWAHAR NAVODAYA VIDYALAYA : Jawahar Navodaya vidyalaya (JNV) is a group of over 600 boarding scholls fully financed & supported by Govt. of India. The schools operate from class VI to class XII under CBSE. The schools are co-educational & fully residential ones. The admission into these prestigious schools is done through entrance exams only. The students are eligible for admission into a JNV operating in their district only. The schools are managed by an independent body NAVODAYA VIDYALAYA SMITI, which is responsible for the whole of the administration of the schools.
Fee Structure in Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya : The education in JNVs is completed funded by Govt. of India. The education in JNVs is free including boarding , lodging, uniform & textbooks. Only a sum of Rs 600 per month is collected from the students of class IX to Class XII towards Vidyalaya Vikas Nidhi. The students of SC/ST Community, Girls & those belonging to BPL families are exempted. Rs 1500 per month is charged from those whose parents are govt. employees.
Admission Procedure : The admission to JNVs is done through an entrance exam JNVST only. Based upon the performance of the student in the exam the admission is offered to the meritorious students. Each of JNV has 80 seats i.e. 2 sections of 40 students each. Navodaya Vidyalaya Smiti may keep the no. of seats to 40 in some schools depending upon the infrastructure availability. In general we can assume that there will be 80 seats for admission into class VI in an JNV. Once a student is shortlisted on the basis of JNVST exam, he/she need to produce the requisite documents at the time of verification.
- JNVST Exam
- Document Verification
Navodaya Vidyalaya Sangathan Admission Exam 2019: JAWAHAR NAVODAYA VIDYALAYA SELECTION TEST (JNVST) one of the most prestigious exam for admission into the JAWAHAR NAVODAYA VIDYALAYA, a chain of more than 600 boarding schools for the most talented bunch of deserving students is scheduled to be held on 6th April 2019. This single exam will be for admission into all the 629 operational JNVs. The important dates for the exam are mentioned below :
|1||Last date for Online Form Submission||30th November, 2018|
|2||Date of uploading of admit Card||1st March, 2019|
|3||Date of Examination||6th April 2019
(11:00 am to 1:30 PM)
|4||Last date for obtaining cast certificate from Competent Authority||15th April 2019|
|5||Declaration of result||May 2019|
Eligibility of the candidate :
- Age : The candidates born between 01-05-2006 & 30-04-2010 ( Both days inclusive ) are eligible to seek admission in class VI of JNV.
- A candidate studying in a Govt/govt recognized school in class V in a district during whole of 2018-19 session are eligible to seek admission in the JNV falling under the same district.
- A candidate who has not been admitted or promoted to class V on or before 15th September 2018 is not eligible for admission in class VI.
- No candidate is eligible to take the JNVST exam for the 2nd time under any circumstances.
Reservation of Seats :
- Rural Seats: The 75% seats in a JNV are reserved for rural candidates. But to seek admission under rural category a candidate must have studied whole of class III, IV & V from a school in rural area in the same district. The candidate who has studieed of even 1 day from an urban school during class III, IV & V will be considered for an urban seat only.
- For reservation under SC/ST category Min reservation will be more than the national average i.e. SC-15% & ST-7.5%. The reservation of seats under SC/ST categories will in proportion to the share of SC/ST in the total population of the district subject to a maximum reservation of 50%.
- One third or 33.33% seats are reserved for the girls.
- 3% of seats are reserved for Divyang Children. Divyang Children means those children who are Orthopedically Handicapped, Hearing Impaired or Visually handicapped.
How to Apply : The interested candidates need to apply online only by visiting the official website of
- The registration for the JNVST 2019 is free of cost. The interested candidates may apply before the last date i.e. 30th November 2018.
- The eligible candidate should fill up the online application form on the official website & upload the certificate issued by the Headmaster/headmistress or Principal of the schools where the candidate is studying along with the Photograph & signatures of the candidate as well as his parent/guardian. The attached or uploaded documents should be of the size between 10 to 100 kb only.
- In case of NIOS candidates, they should obtain B certificate as well as the residence proof from the same district.
- In all JNVs a helpdesk is provided to help the candidate or parents in filling up the application form free of cost. The candidates may approach the JNV help desk along with the documents such as Certificate issued by Headmaster/principal , Photograph, Signature & a mobile no. with valid sim to receive call or sms.
Navodaya Vidyalya Exam Pattern :
- The Exam is of 2 hour duration 11:30am to 1:30pm. The exam will have 80 objective type questions for 100 marks. The candidate must reach the examination centre before 11am.
- The Pattern of JNVST will be as under :
|S. No.||Type of Test||No. of Questions||Marks||Time Allotted|
|1||Mental Ability Test||40||50||60 Minutes|
|2||Arithmetic Test||20||25||30 Minutes|
|3||Language Test||20||25||30 Minutes|
|Total||80 Questions||100 Marks||2 Hours|
- The Test will be objective test with 4 options to each question. The candidates need to darken the right options on the OMR sheet using Blue/Black Ball pen only.
- There will be no negative marking. So the students should mark all the questions.
- The students need to score qualifying marks in each of the sections. So the students are advised to give appropriate time for each of the section as mentioned in the exam pattern as they are free to shift from one section to other and adjust the total time as they like.
- Language of the Test will be Hindi/English or the some of the state languages out of which the candidate need to select one in which he/she wishes to take the exam.
Syllabus for the JNVST Exam : JNVST exam syllabus will be as under
- Mental Ability Test: The test will be that of non verbal reasoning & it tests the imagination & logical sense of the candidate. It will have questions from –
- Odd Man Out
- Figure Matching
- Pattern Completion
- Figure Series Completion
- Geometrical Figure Completion covering Triangle, Square & Circle.
- Mirror Imaging
- Folding & Unfolding
- Space Visualization
- Embedded Figures
- Arithmetic Ability Test: This section has 20 questions for 25 marks. It tests the basic understanding of the numbers & concepts of mathematics. The topics covered in the Arithmetic section are as under
- Numbers & Numeric System
- Fundamental operations on Whole numbers
- Fractions & their operations
- Factors/multiples along with their properties
- LCM & HCF
- Decimals & Fundamental operations on them
- Conversion of Decimal into fractions & vice versa
- Measurement of length , Mass, Capacity, Money
- Approximation of the expressions
- Simplification of Numeric expressions
- Percentages & its application
- Ratio & Proportion
- Averages & Applications
- Profit & Loss
- Speed , Time & distance
- Simple interest
- Perimeter, area & volume
Language Test: The purpose of this test is to judge the understanding & comprehension skill of the candidate. This section consists of 4 passages of 5 questions each. The candidate needs to read the passage and answer the questions that follow the passage.
How to Prepare for the JNVST 2019 Exam:
Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Exam Preparation : We all understand that this exam of JNVST has huge competition. Around 19 lac students fight for 41500 seats in JNVs a success rate of around 2%. So it becomes very important for a candidate to give his / her best for the exam. Also it’s a once in a life time opportunity for a candidate to appear in JNVST Exam. The candidates must go for proper guidance & read relevant study material. They should practice as many tests as possible & analyze their performance test by test.
IBS Institute, a pioneer in the competitive exam preparation has a dedicated 3 Months Coaching program for the students going for the JNVST Exam 2019. With a dedicated team of experienced professionals IBS Institute assures the quality of content & course. If you are looking forward to have an edge over others – come and Join us.
We have two Programs Targeting JNVST 2019 exam
TARGET JNVST 2019: A 4 to 5 Months Regular program:
Salient Features of the TARGET JNVST 19 Program: –
- Comprehensive Course Material with Short cuts
- Vedic Mathematics to master the speed
- Experienced Faculties
- Section Tests: 20*3=60
- Full Length Practice Papers: 20 Tests
- Crash Course in Last 20 days
- Special Classes on Saturday /Sunday
- Highest Success Rate Across India
- 5 Tests on Proctored JNVST Exam Pattern
- Personal attention & Mentorship by the Director.
Batches Starting from 17th Nov, 1st & 15th Dec & 5th January for JNVST 2019 Exam.
JNVST19 Study Online: It includes Correspondence Study Material & Online Classes by the experts. The students are provided the Study Material which consists of
*60 Section Tests
*20 Mock Tests
The students will also get full access to the online videos of our experts on all the topics. For correspondence study material contact us at 9216268310.