CDS (Combined Defence Services) -I 2019
CDS-I 2019 DETAILS:
CDS exam is conducted 2 times every year. The exam is conducted for the recruitment of Candidates for the Officers in Army, Navy & Airforce. The candidates are shortlisted on the basis of written exam followed by SSB Interview.
Here we have mentioned all the official exam date and events related to CDS-I 2019:
|Closing date of Application Submission||26/11/2018|
|Date of Examination||03/02/2019|
The approximate number of vacancies to be filled on the results of this examination will be as under:
|Indian Military Academy, Dehradun—147th (DE) Course commencing in January, 2020
[including 13 vacancies reserved for NCC `C’ Certificate (Army Wing) holders]
|Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala—Course
commencing in July, 2019 Executive
(General Service)/Hydro [including 06 vacancies reserved for NCC ‘C’ Certificate holders (Naval Wing)].
|Air Force Academy, Hyderabad—(Pre-Flying) Training Course commencing in January, 2020 i.e. No. 207 F(P) Course.
[03 vacancies are reserved for NCC `C’
Certificate (Air Wing) holders through NCC Spl. Entry]
|Officers’ Training Academy, Chennai (Madras)—111th SSC (Men) Course (NT) commencing in April, 2020. [(i) 171 vacs for SSC (Men) (NT) UPSC, (ii) 04 vacs for JAG (Men) (NT) April, 2020 Non UPSC and (iii) 50 vacs for NCC Special entry Non UPSC].||225|
|Officers Training Academy, Chennai—24th
SSC Women (Non-Technical) Course
commencing in April, 2020.
|Total Number of Vacancies||417|
(i) For IMA—Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd January, 1996 and not later than 1st January, 2001 only are eligible.
(ii) For Indian Naval Academy—Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd January, 1996 and not later than 1st January, 2001 only are eligible.
(iii) For Air Force Academy— 20 to 24 years as on 1st January, 2020 i.e. born not earlier than 2nd January, 1996 and not later than 1st January, 2000 (Upper age limit for candidates holding valid and current Commercial Pilot Licence issued by DGCA (India) is relaxable upto 26 yrs. i.e. born not earlier than 2nd January, 1994 and not later than 1st January, 2000) only are eligible.
Note: Candidate below 25 years of age must be unmarried. Marriage is not permitted during training. Married candidates above 25 years of age are eligible to apply but during training period they will neither be provided married accommodation nor can they live with family out of the premises.
Candidates (excepting Female/SC/ST candidates who are exempted from payment of fee) are required to pay a fee of Rs. 200/- (Rupees Two Hundred Only)
(i) For I.M.A. and Officers’ Training Academy— Degree of a recognised University or equivalent.
(ii) For Indian Naval Academy—Degree in Engineering from a recognised University/Institution.
(iii) For Air Force Academy—Degree of a recognised University (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of Engineering.
Graduates with first choice as Army/Navy/Air Force are to submit proof of graduation provisional certificates on the date of commencement of the SSB Interview at the SSB.
- The Competitive examination comprises:
(a) Written examination as shown in below.
(b) Interview for intelligence and personality test (vide Part ‘B’ of this Appendix) of such candidates as may be called for interview at one of the Services Selection Centres.
- The subjects of the written examination, the time allowed and the maximum marks allotted to each subject will be as follows:
- For Admission to Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy and Air Force Academy:—
|General Knowledge||100||2 hours|
|Elementary Mathematics||100||2 hours|
For Admission to Officers’ Training Academy :—
|General Knowledge||100||2 hours|
The maximum marks allotted to the written examination and to the interviews will be equal for each course i.e. the maximum marks allotted to the written examination and to the interviews will be 300, 300, 300 and 200 each for admission to the Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy, Air Force Academy and Officers’ Training Academy respectively.
- The papers in all the subjects will consist of objective type questions only. The question papers (Test Booklets) of General Knowledge and Elementary Mathematics will be set bilingually in Hindi as well as English.
- In the question papers, wherever necessary, questions involving the metric system of Weights and Measures only will be set.
- Candidates must write the papers in their own hand. In no circumstances will they be allowed the help of a scribe to write answers for them.
- The Commission have discretion to fix qualifying marks in any or all the subjects of the examination.
- The candidates are not permitted to use calculator for answering objective type papers (Test Booklets). They should not therefore, bring the same inside the Examination Hall.
Why IBS is the 1st Choice among Students preparing for CDS:
- IBS boasts of its Highly Qualified Team of Experienced Trainers.
- Mentoring by the Ex Officers of Army & Air force.
- Comprehensive Study Material: 3 Books.
- Weekly Quiz to assess the student progress.
- 10 Mock Tests to assess the Student performance.
- Highest Success Rate for cracking the written exam.
- Guidance for SSB alongside the written exam preparation.
- Individual Attention for each and every student.
- Special Doubt clearing sessions.
- Interactive sessions with the Outgoing successful candidates.
CDS Coaching 2019 Courses
IBS provides you the best study environment. The students can study in groups in the presence of teachers who can help them in clarifying their doubts. So if you are thinking of preparing for CDS Exam join omega & Fulfill your dreams. The admissions are open for
|CDS Programme||Duration||No. of Hours|
|CDS- Sprint||7 Hrs./Day
Mon – Sat
|30 Days||180 Hrs.|
|CDS Excel||3 Hrs./Day
|4 Months||300 Hrs.|
|CDS Weekend||3 Hrs./Sat
5 Hrs. Sunday
|6 Months||200 Hrs.|
IBS will Provide 10 Mock Tests for CDS Exam