RECRUITMENT OF PROBATIONARY OFFICERS IN JUNIOR MANAGEMENT GRADE SCALE-I ON SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION OF SPECIALLY DESIGNED POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA IN BANKING & FINANCE (PGDBF) COURSE
POST : 800
Canara Bank, a leading Public Sector Bank with Head Office in Bengaluru and global presence with over 6300 branches, invites ON-LINE APPLICATIONS, from the eligible candidates to apply for admissions to the specially designed One year training course leading to Post Graduate Diploma in Banking and Finance (PGDBF) either through Manipal Global Education Services Pvt Ltd., Bengaluru or NITTE Education International Pvt Ltd., Greater Noida, which are recognized by UGC.
- The course comprises of 9 months of classroom studies and 3 months internship at Canara Bank’s Branches / Offices.
- This one year full-time PGDBF course will be conducted either at Manipal Global Education Services Pvt Ltd, Bengaluru campus or NITTE Education International Pvt Ltd. Greater Noida campus.
- The programme is fully residential during 9 months classroom studies and the selected candidates should necessarily stay in the campus
Candidates will be selected for admission to the course at either of the above two institutes through selection process consisting of online objective test followed by Group Discussion and Personal Interview. On successful completion of the course, candidates will be awarded with “Post Graduate Diploma in Banking and Finance (PGDBF)” from that institute and the candidates would be offered appointment in the Bank as Probationary Officer in Junior Management Grade Scale-I.
|Payment of Application Fee / Intimation Charges||From 23.10.2018 to 13.11.2018
[both days inclusive]
|Opening Date and closing date for on-line registration in Website|
|Download of call letter for online test (tentative)||After 05.12.2018|
|Date of online test (tentative)||23.12.2018|
DETAILS OF STUDENT INTAKE & RESERVATIONS:
|Number of Student Intake||Age as on (01.10.2018)|
|120||60||216||404||800||8||8||8||8||Minimum – 20 Years
Maximum – 30 years
Age Limit: Minimum 20 years – Maximum 30 years i.e. a candidate must have been born not earlier than 02.10.1988 and not later than 01.10.1998 (both days inclusive)
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA (AS ON 01.10.2018):
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION: A Degree (Graduation) with a minimum of 60% marks (55% for SC/ST/PWBD) or equivalent grade, in any discipline from a University recognised by the Government of India or any equivalent qualification recognized as such by the Central Government.
All the educational qualifications mentioned above should be from a University / Institution / Board recognized by Govt. of India / approved by Govt. Regulatory Bodies and the result should have been declared on or before 01.10.2018. The date of passing the eligibility examination will be the date appearing on the mark-sheet or provisional certificate issued by University / Institute. In case the date of passing is not properly mentioned in the mark-sheet or provisional certificate, proper document from Board / University indicating the date of declaration of results has to be submitted at the time of interview. In case the result of a particular examination is posted on the website of the University / Institute and web based certificate is issued then proper document / certificate in original issued and signed by the appropriate authority of the University / Institute indicating the date of passing properly mentioned thereon will be reckoned for verification and further process.
Candidate should indicate the percentage obtained in Graduation calculated to the nearest two decimals in the online application. Where CGPA is awarded, the same should be converted in to percentage and indicated in online application. A copy of the “Conversion Formula” notified by the University / Institute for converting Grades to Percentage, along with equivalent class, has to be submitted at the time of interview. The fraction of percentage so arrived will be ignored i.e. 59.99% will be treated as less than 60% and 54.99% will be treated as less than 55%.
The selection shall be by way of Online Objective Test followed by Group Discussion and Interview. Online objective test will be conducted through Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS), Mumbai. The online objective test pattern is mentioned here below:
|Subject||Medium of examination||No. of Questions||Marks||Time|
|Reasoning||English & Hindi||50||50||Composite
|Quantitative Aptitude||English & Hindi||50||50|
|General Awareness||English & Hindi||50||50|
|Total (Total Weighted Score)||200||200|
- There will be negative marks for wrong answers in Objective Test.
- Bank will decide the minimum cut-off marks for each subject as well as Total Score. Each candidate will be required to obtain a minimum score in each subject and also a minimum total score as decided by Bank to be considered for Group Discussion and Interview.
- Bank reserves the right to modify the structure of the examination which will be intimated through Bank’s website.
- Candidates reporting late i.e. after the reporting time specified on the Call Letter for Examination will not be permitted to take the examination.
- Depending on the number of vacancies, such of those candidates who rank sufficiently high in the order of merit in the online test as per the cut-off marks decided by the Bank will only be called in 1:3 ratio (for each post 3 candidates) for Group Discussion and Interview
Penalty for Wrong Answers:
- There will be penalty for wrong answers marked in the Objective Tests. For each question for which a wrong answer has been given by the candidate, one fourth or 0.25 of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty to arrive at corrected score. If a question is left blank, i.e. no answer is given by the candidate, there will be no penalty for that question.
DETAILS OF INSTITUTES & COURSE FEE:
|SL. NO.||NAME OF THE INSTITUTE||COURSE FEE PER CANDIDATE|
|1||Manipal Global Education Services Pvt. Ltd., Bengaluru campus||Course Fee – Rs 350000.00 + applicable Taxes (presently GST @ 18% : Rs 63000.00) Total Course Fee: Rs 413000.00|
|2||NITTE Education International Pvt. Ltd., Greater Noida campus||Course Fee – Rs 300000.00 + applicable Taxes (presently GST @ 18% : Rs 54000.00) Total Course Fee: Rs 354000.00|
- Candidate can pay the entire course fee in one lumpsum or
- In 2 instalments (50% of course fee before commencement of the course and the balance 50% fees after two months but before the end of third month of commencement of course)
Finally selected candidate is eligible for admission to the said course at any of the selected Institutes based on merit cum preference. Bank is at the liberty to adopt any other criterion for selection and allotment of candidates to any of the institutes as considered fit and proper. Decision of the Bank in this regard is final and binding on the candidates.
The selected candidates shall have to pay the course fee to the institute as per the payment terms of the institute. The selected candidates have the option to pay the course fee from their own sources or by availing Educational Loan from the Bank subject to eligibility as per the prevailing scheme guidelines as to loan quantum, margin, security, documentation, Rate of Interest, repayment etc. Basing on the outcome of the CIBIL report of the selected candidates and his/her parents, candidate’s eligibility for Educational Loan will be decided.
Apart from the above, examination fees for undergoing various Certification examinations as mandated under the course will have to be borne by the candidates. Expenses for Laptop for undergoing the course have to be borne by the candidate.
If any discrepancy found in the documents / credentials of the candidate after joining the course, the candidature of such candidate shall be cancelled and course fee paid by the candidate shall be forfeited. Also in such event, in case the candidate has availed Educational Loan from the Bank towards payment of Course Fee, the same has to be repaid fully with upto date interest. If any candidate discontinue during the course period, the fees paid by the candidate is not refundable and loan if any availed for the same from the Bank, shall be cleared by the candidate in full with upto date interest along with other charges, if any.
AGREEMENT / SECURITY BOND:
The selected candidates at the time of joining the course have to execute an Agreement / Security Bond to serve the Bank for a minimum period of Five (5) years from the date of joining the Bank as Probationary Officer upon successful completion of the PGDBF course. In the event of candidate abandoning, absconding or resigning the services of the Bank before completion of five years, he / she shall be liable to compensate the Bank with an amount of Rs. 100000.00 (Rupees One lakh only] + applicable taxes.
Also in such event, in case the candidate has availed Educational Loan from the Bank towards payment of Course Fee, the same has to be repaid fully with upto date interest.
SALARY & EMOLUMENTS AFTER JOINING THE BANK ON SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION OF PGDBF COURSE:
|Scale||Salary & Emoluments|
|JMGS-I||Rs 23700 – 980/7 – 30560 – 1145/2 – 32850 – 1310/7 – 42020|
APPLICATION FEE & INTIMATION CHARGES (NON REFUNDABLE):
|Category||Amount of Fees / Intimation Charges|
|SC/ST/PWBD||Rs 118/- [Intimation Charges only includes GST @18%]|
|All Others||Rs 708/- [includes GST @18%]|