Session Plan For Bank PO Interview Batch
Material : PI book & Bio Data Form.
Bank Interview & Group Discussion Plan :
2. Banking Knowledge
3. Current Affairs
4. Communication Skills
6. Body Language
7. 4 Mock Interviews Per Student in 25 Days with 5 panellist
8. Three Final Interviews By Directors & Bank Officials.
For Group Discussion :
1. Knowledge of Current Issues, social schemes and sports related topics.
2. Communication Skills
3. Delivery Skills
4. 10 Group Discussion Classes.
5. 2 Final Group Discussion By expert panel.
Newspapers on daily basis.
GD / PI Round for SBI PO:-
Gd Round : 20 marks
Personal Interview: 30 marks
Total marks: 50 marks
A combined score is generated which includes the sum of marks obtained in main examination and interview after the conduction of the interview.
SBI PO interview is to test the Candidate’s GK, communicative skills and ability to make informed decisions at the right time. However the final selection will be based on the candidate’s overall performance in the interview.
How To Prepare Successfully for the Final GD / PI:
- Gd can be a tensed situation for someone, but with confidence and clarity of thought one can easily score in this phase .It is important to maintain the decorum of the session and avoid being too loud. Put forth your views and opinions firmly best backed by figures or facts and also let your fellow group members voice their opinions.
- Think rationally at the time of GD
- Keep a tab on current events.
- Be clear and concise.
- It is not necessary to start the GD
- In the second round of Gd, try to refuse points raised in the discussion.
- Prepare your profile very well.
- You should know basic of the sector you are entering
Group Interview Topics
- Topics in GD are usually very generic in nature. It would help if you keep yourself updated with the latest happenings in the country and outside. Some of the topics that are expected to be given for the GD round include ‘How is Swaach Bharat Abhiyan currently important for India?’, ‘What is your opinion on the current India China stand off?’, etc.
- Please have a clear opinion on such topics. And express your views with the support of facts and analysis.
- If you are unclear about the topics, let others speak first and gather ideas on it meanwhile and then express your views.
- Generally, each member is asked to talk about the given topic for 2 minutes but the sequence may be random i.e. anyone can start the discussion followed by an open discussion for 5 minutes.
- You must be very clear about your views on the topics you discuss in the GD round because the panel members would be observing it closely and might ask you questions about the same during the personal interview round.
- Before the Job Interview, research, prepare and rehearse. Anticipate the questions you might be asked such as ‘Why do you want to join banking sector?’ and be ready with answers to these questions.
- Be prepared to questions related to your personal interests, hobbies, and places you have lived or traveled to. This is basically to test your general awareness.
- On the day of the interview, make sure your interview attire is neat, tidy and appropriate. Women should avoid strong perfume, heavy jewelry or makeup. Men, make sure you are clean shaven, hair is cut short and shoes are well polished.
- Plan your time so that you make it to the interview five to ten minutes early. And most importantly, don’t forget to turn off your phone before you head into the interview.
- During the interview, start your interview with a smile – it makes the interview atmosphere pleasant and friendly. Sit only when asked to do so, sit up straight and look the interviewer right in the eye. Lean forward a bit; this shows that you are enthusiastic and curious to listen and talk.
- Carry a positive and a confident tone and speak with clarity. Never argue but present your point professionally. Keep in mind that the panelist has some idea about most of the fields. Don’t get distracted – make sure you maintain eye contact with your interviewer.
- The most important part of the interview is the question about basic banking. You may be asked about the services provided by commercial banks, Role of RBI, Bank Interest, Types of Bank Accounts, Public Banks, Private Banks etc.
An interview on an average lasts for 15-20 minutes. If uncertain about any question, it is safe to say no.
The panel is not trying to test you on your knowledge but more on your analytical and communication skills.
These interview tips will help you cover everything you need to know to successfully ace SBI PO interview.
IBS Coaching Institute provides Bank PO(SBI & IBPS) Interview Preparation in Chandigarh. Join today IBS Coaching Institute for IBPS, SBI and other Bank Exams interview preparation in Chandigarh to ensure your selection.
List of a few important topics for SBI PO 2021 are here.
- Demonetization – A Boon or A Bane
- Recent seams in Public Sector Banks
- Lateral Entry in Bureaucracy – Need of Time
- Privatization of Public Sector Banks
- Dollar V/s Rupee in Current Indian Economy
- Why are strikes bad for the Economy?
- Is China a threat for the Indian Economy?
- Impact of SBI merger on Financial Condition of SBI
- Impact of International Trade War on Indian Economy
- Women Empowerment in India
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Cashless Economy
- India becoming the Major Power in the World
- Reservations – A Boon or Bane
- Concerns about potential Data Breaches
- Global Warming – Rising Concern
- Biodiversity – Must be Conserved
- Rising NPA’s of Bank
- Digital India – A Boon or A Bane
- ‘Beat Plastic Pollution’ – the theme of World Environment Day 2018
- Impact of Recent Surges in Petrol Price on Indian Economy
- Digital Currency – The Bitcoin
- The Future of Banking Industry in India
- Financial Inclusion – Pradhan Mantri Jan-Dhan Youjna
- Beti Bachao Beti Padhao
- Swachch Bharat Abhiyan
- Restrictions on Payments Bank – Good or Bad
- How your Physical Inability affect your Success Journey?
- Rising Concern of Separate State Flags
- Should Agricultural Subsidies be stopped?
- NEET – A Boon or Bane?
- Should Growth and Development be the Top Priority of India or the Equal distribution of Wealth
- Business and Ethics are the two sides of a coin. Do you agree they both run together?
- Are Leaders born or made?
- Is Right to Freedom being misused?
- Challenges of Women’s Safety in India
- Rise in use of Social Media
- Effects of gadgets on intellectual capabilities of Human
- Liberalism V/s Protectionism
- Individualism V/s Collectivism
- Hard Work V/s Smart Work
- Are we misusing the right to freedom?
- Cleanliness – The fundamental duty of every citizen
- One Rank One Pension scheme: Merits and demerits
- What measures should be adopted for avoiding NPA
- Pros and cons of SBI merger?
- Reservations in education and jobs – Is it justified?
- Swachch Bharat Abhiyan: Success or failure?
- NSG – The need of the hour for India.
- Impact of Demonetization on Indian Economy
- Women employment is possible through mass awareness rather than launching Programs.
- Public sector banks are true backbone of Indian rural Economy since Private Sector Banks only focus on profit maximization.
- Indian Bureaucracy should be more accountable to the public or else it will not be empathetic to the problems of Indian people.
- Wind power V/s Solar Energy?
- Is government just renaming the old schemes?
- How useful is the Moderation policy in CBSE?
- Cultural reforms, Strict laws of Educational Reform what is more important for Women Empowerment?
- Should capital Punishment be abolished?
- Banks levying charges on cash transactions – Is it a good move?
- In what way Payment Banks are useful?
- What will be the impact of GST on Indian Economy?
- How does US Presidential Elections affect us?
- Air Traffic Controllers should be more concecerrfed about the safety of Passengers
- Fasal Bima Youjna
- In what way Beti Bachao Beti Padhao scheme helped our Society?
- Smart Cities in India.
- Impacts of Mann Ki Baat?
- Educational System in India is suitable or needs modification?
- How can we deal with increasing Cyber Crimes?
- Should India have One Child Policy?
- How is 7th pay commission making government employees more responsible?
- How helpful is the Demonetarization Drive?
- The South China Sea is an area where India should focus more now rather than Pakistan.
- Surgical Strike issues?
- What is the role of Social Media?
- Are Gold investments profitable?
- Beauty contests degrade womanhood?
- Food Bill – Does India really need it?
- Is inflation always harmful?
- Is underemployment more harmful than unemployment?
- Rise of Patanjali – Marketing lessons to learn.
- SBI Merger – Pros and Cons
- Aayshman Bharat Yojna
- Banking after Demonetization
- Problem of NPA? Steps to resolve it
- Global Warming
- Saying no to Foreign Help in Natural Disaster – Good or Bad
- Digital Payments
- Ease of Doing Business in India
- Atal Pension Yojna
- Bank Recapitalization
- Impact of GST on Indian Economy
- Impact of Man Ki Baat