Bank of Baroda PO Recruitment 2018 Notification
Bank of Baroda PO 2018 notification has been released on official website of bank of Baroda. The bank of Baroda application form 2018 for Probationary Officer in Junior Management Grade / Scale-I started from 12th, June. Upon qualifying all the stages of selection process, one has to get admission into a 9-month Post Graduate Certificate in Banking and Finance course from Manipal Academy. After you completing that course successfully, one will be recruited as a PO in BOB. Here we provide brief notification detail of bank of Baroda exam for the Posts of probationary officer.
Important dates: –.
|S. No.||Exam Schedule||Tentative Dates|
|1.||Date of Notification||12thJune 2018|
|2.||Last date to apply Online Application||2ndJuly , 2018|
|3.||Download of call letters for online exam||After 18thJuly 2018|
|4.||Date of online exam (tentative)||28thJuly 2018|
|Education qualification( as on 02.07.2018)||Age limit(as on 2.7.2018)|
|A GRADUATE DEGREEwith minimum 55% marks in any discipline||20- 28 years|
|Category of Applicant||Application fee|
How to apply:- Application is entirely online and the link is available on the website of Bank of Baroda(http://ibps.sifyitest.com/bobmpo1jun18/ ).
The selection process for Bank of Baroda PO is divided into two phases.
- Online exam(phase I):the structure of online examination is as follows:
|Reasoning and computer aptitude||50||75||
2 hours and 30 minutes
|English language (letter writing and essay)||2||50||English||30 minutes|
- There is a negative marking of 1/4th of marks in case of wrong answer.
- The candidate is required to obtain minimum score from each of the test to be eligible for psychometric assessment, group discussion and personal interview.
- There will be sectional cut off in objective type paper.
- Phase II :- in the second phase there are psychometric test, group discussion and personal interview. Psychometric test is qualifying based test.A psychometric test is a selection process by employers to assess your ability in specific skills or to find out about your personal qualities by using personality questionnaires.
Previous year Cut-off :-
|Category||Reasoning (50)||Quantitative (50)||English (50)||General awareness
|Applied for descriptive (200)||Descriptive Paper(50)||Out of total (250)||GD
Post graduate programme:-The course consists of -9-month on campus programfollowed by 3 months work integrated learning (WIL) in the form of On the Job Training at any branch of Bank of Baroda leading to award of a Post-Graduate Diploma in Banking & Finance by Manipal university. On successful completion of the course, the candidate would be awarded a Post Graduate Certificate in Banking & Finance and will be offered appointment in the Bank asProbationary Officer in Junior Management Grade / Scale-I.
- The fee for this Course will be Rs. 3, 45, 000/- plus applicable taxes that has to be paid by the student.
- The course is extendable to a further 18 months of blended learning which is optional at the option of the students and which will lead to award of MBA in Banking and Finance from Manipal University.
- Student can finance the course fee from band of Barodaat 8% rate per annum.
- REIMBURSEMENT OF FEE: –fee (Rs. 3,45,000/-) shall be reimbursed by bank as a loyalty bonus after completion of 5 year of active services in bank.
HOW TO APPROACH THE BOB PO 2018 EXAM
As per the latest notification of BOB PO 2018, there have been many changes in the pattern of Examination.
As there is sectional cut-off and selection will be on the basis of aggregate marks obtained in the examination. So, as far as the competition is concerned, we need some strategy on how to approach the exam to get better marks:-
- Quantitative Aptitude: as there are 40 questions from this section weighted 50 marks therefore, we should focus on those topics, which are easy to solve and take less time, so, that we can score better marks. So, in this section, we should focus more on number series, approximation/Simplification, quadratic equation, data sufficiency, Data Interpretation as these topics takes less time with good accuracy. By solving above mentioned topics, one can nearly cover 35 marks out of 50 marks in time span of 30-35 minutes.
For the rest of time try to attempt questions from your strong topic Eg. Ratio, Percentage, Time & work, Ages as these topics can be easily solved.
Logical Reasoning and computer aptitude: In this section there are 50 questions weighted 75 marks, we should focus on sitting arrangement, input output (as expected) and Puzzles, as only puzzle and seating arrangement part covers around 40-45 marks out of 75. In mains, we can expect 5-10 questions from computer aptitude (high level) and remaining questions from blood relation, inequality, syllogism etc.
General Economy & Banking Awareness: This topic contain 40 questions comprising of 40 marks Keep in touch with daily current affairs specifically the financial updates. and banking awareness. A student can score 30 to 35 marks in the stipulated time with the organized study plan.
- English Language:this sections contains 35 questions wighted 35 marks. In this section we can expect to have 10 questions from Comprehension, 5questions from cloze test, 5 from grammatical errors or sentence improvement, 5 from sentence connectors. So keep solving more and more comprehensions and read the Hindu Editorials to improve the command over English language. Practise as much as possible and do more and more reading for better performance in this section.
- Descriptive Test: Keep yourself updated with the latest pattern of essay and letter writing. Also as we have to type the essay and letter get yourself used to normal settings of the document. Need not to go for typing course. Its test basic understanding and writing skills not of typing skills. But still need to have an average typing speed to attempt this section in 30 minutes. Sometime we take this section casually but it’s very essential section and the scoring difference is quite high.
- Personality Test: The GD & Interview will take place after mains exam there will be sufficient time to prepare for the GD & Personal Interview.
BOB PO 2018 Exam Preparation@IBS Institute
- Class – 3 to 4 Hours daily
- 6-Days a week
- 2-Lectures a day
- Daily Class Assignment having(50+ Questions)
- Daily Home Assignment having(50+ Questions)
- Weekly Practice Tests (Topic wise)
- Doubt Clearing sessions After every Topic
- Books for Practice – Containing all questions from previous years.
- 100% Exam Concepts to be covered in Class Assignment/Home Assignment/Books
- Highly Experienced & Specialized Teachers
- Vedic Mathematics + Shortcut Techniques
- Special lectures by experts Bankers
- Course Duration = 60 Days till 16th
- Section Tests: 40 Tests
- Weekly Mock Test with Discussion by Experts.
- National level test series: in 54 Branches Across India.
- National level Ranking among 15,000 students.
- Weekly GK capsule-40 Weekly news review.
- Online Tests:
|1||BOB PO||5 Test|
- Monthly magazine –(IBS-Quest-Best magazine covers all Current Affairs & National /International /Sports/Economy /Books’ Authors)